APC Advanced Process Controls for Pulp
Maximizing process performance is a critical success factor as it directly increases profitability by reducing the operational expenditure required to deliver an end product whether it be power, pulp or paper. The less energy and raw materials consumed to meet production targets the better your profitability.
We first carry out a performance audit for your paper, pulp or power plant. This helps us identify and agree with your optimization areas and provides an estimate of target values (e.g. savings, emissions, etc). Once these are agreed we will implement Advanced Process Control solutions in all the identified work areas so as to meet the identified target values.
Once we have optimized your production processes for the first time, we can continue to monitor performance and keep optimizing your production processes to ensure that they continually are achieving maximum production performance. This unique offering, called our Continuous Performance Agreement ensures that performance benefits are maintained and not lost.
- Transparency & control – potential savings are identified in advance along with proposed optimization activities putting you in control
- Cost savings - less energy and raw materials to deliver target production yield
- Reduced process variations – process variations are minimized improving product quality and/or allowing process to be operated closer to its optimum operating point.
- Asset performance optimized - best return on your investments.
- Better operational reliability and flexibility – more stable processes mean less wear on production equipment.
- Long term solution - process and production performance is continually monitored to ensure that gains are maintained over time.
Customer success stories
Visy Tumut exceeds targets by optimizing causticization
Visy’s kraft mill in Tumut wanted to optimize its process performance and ensure process competitiveness with the latest technology. With causticizing optimization, their expectations and return on investment (ROI) targets have been exceeded.
Targets exceeded in Nippon Paper Akita lime kiln process
Valmet implemented Lime Kiln Optimizer solution to Nippon Paper Akita mill to reduce specific energy consumption and maximize the more cost efficient fuel usage.
Fast results at Nippon Paper Akita's bleaching process
Valmet implemented a new Kappa Q analyzer and Bleaching Optimizer solution to Nippon Paper Akita mill to reduce quality variability and to reduce bleaching chemical consumption.
Burgo Ardennes stabilizes bleaching process
Optimization smooths out bleach plant operation and demonstrates an 8.7% saving in bleaching chemicals with improved brightness stability in the Burgo Ardennes mill in Belgium.