Strategy and Must-Wins
Valmet's strategy is to develope and supply competitive technology and services for the pulp, paper and energy industries. We are committed to moving our customers’ performance forward. Our vision is to become the global champion in serving our customers, and our mission is to
convert renewable resources into sustainable results.
Converting renewable resources into sustainable results.
Valmet develops and supplies competitive process technology, services and automation for the pulp, paper and energy industries.
We are committed to moving our customers’ performance forward with our unique offering.
1) Customer excellence
- Implement Shared Journey Forward to grow in stable business
- Strengthen capital business market share
- Improve sales management to drive growth and gross margin
- Grow in markets with high market growth and/or low market share
2) Leader in technology and innovation
- Improve product cost competitiveness and performance
- Develop new products and technologies to create new revenue
3) Excellence in processes
- Develop project management to improve gross margin
- Implement unified processes through “Leap Forward”
- Improve quality performance
- Continue HSE improvement
- Increase flexibility, savings and sustainability in supply chain
4) Winning team
- Boost high performance and engagement
- Continue global capability development
- Become the frontrunner in field services
- Take the lead in industrial internet and digitalization
To become the global champion in serving our customers.
Valmet defines Must-Win implementation objectives for each year. For more information on our progress in strategy implementation, please see Annual Review 2018.
Strategy guides Valmet’s way towards the vision to become the global champion in serving our customers.
Valmet's financial targets are related to net sales growth, profitability, return on capital employed and dividend.
More information how Valmet aims to improve its profitability by implementing key Must-Win objectives.