Pellet plants for green energy
A pellet-fired plant presents an environmentally friendly solution to balance peak loads in district heating, to act as a backup plant or to generate process steam. A pellet-fired plant can also be used as a base load plant for district heat production.
Valmet offers turnkey Bioheat RampUp pellet plants, ranging typically from 25 to 100 MWth, for district heating and process industry needs.
- Low cost, as pellet prices remain competitive compared with fossil fuels, which are more sensitive to market fluctuations.
- It is possible to use renewable fuels in the form of wood pellets or briquettes.
- High energy density of pellets enables simple fuel logistics, which reduces the environmental impact.
- It’s a green choice. Replacing an old boiler with a RampUp pellet boiler significantly reduces CO2 emissions from district heating and process steam. Switching to a pellet plant is good for the environment.
- Startup is fast and easy. The pellet plant reacts quickly to load changes, making it an excellent solution for a peak load and back-up plant