Annual General Meeting 2018
- Meeting materials
- Registration details
- Introduction of proposed new Board members
- Location details
- Important dates
- Representation by proxy and proxy templates
- Privacy statements
- Notice convening the Annual General Meeting
- Board of Directors' proposals to the Annual General Meeting
Registration for the Annual General Meeting has ended on March 16, 2018 at 10 a.m. EET
Read the privacy statement.
Alternatively a notice of participation can be given:
- by telephone to the number +358 20 770 6884 (on weekdays between 9.00 a.m. and 4.00 p.m.)
- by telefax to the number +358 10 672 0300, or
- by sending a written notification to Valmet Oyj, Anne Grahn-Löytänen, POB 11, 02151 Espoo, Finland.
In connection with the registration, a shareholder shall notify:
- his/her name - personal identification number (social security number) or business identity code (BIC), address, telephone number
- the name of possible assistant, proxy representative or statutory representative, as well as the personal identification number (social security number) of the proxy representative or statutory representative.
The shareholder, his/her authorized representative or proxy representative shall, where necessary, be able to prove his/her identity and/or right of representation at the General Meeting.
The personal data given to Valmet by shareholders is used only in connection with the General Meeting and with the processing of related registrations.
The Nomination Board's proposal for the composition and remuneration of the Board was published on January 24, 2018 as a stock exchange release.
Proposed new Board members:
Monika Maurer (born 1956) was previously Chief Operating Officer of Nokia Group and, prior to this, Chief Operating Officer of Nokia's Fixed Networks Business Group. She has also since 1985 held several positions at Alcatel-Lucent and Alcatel AG, including Chief Operating Officer of Alcatel-Lucent's Fixed Networks Business Line between 2012 and 2016.
Pekka Kemppainen (born 1954) was previously Managing Director of KONE Elevators Australia. He has since 1984 held several positions within KONE, including Executive Vice President for Service Business between 2010 and 2017, and Executive Vice President & Area Director of Asia Pacific between 2004 and 2010.
Messukeskus is located close to the centre of Helsinki at Messuaukio 1, 00520 Helsinki, Finland.
- Trams 7 and 9 to the city centre stop in front of Messukeskus.
- All local and long-distance trains stop at the Pasila railway station, a 300-metre walk from Messukeskus. Trains from Helsinki city centre to Pasila take just five minutes.
- Buses: 506 and 69 to Messukeskus, and bus 551 from Espoo to Pasila railway station. View the timetables at Reittiopas website.
- Helsinki–Vantaa Airport is 13 kilometres from Messukeskus. Airport trains (I-train and P-train) run nonstop between the Aviapolis station and the Pasila railway station. The journey by train takes around 30 minutes. By taxi, the journey takes approximately 15 minutes.
- There is also a car park at Messukeskus.
- A taxi rank is located in front of the Southern entrance of Messukeskus.
More information at the Messukeskus website.
|Registration for the meeting begins||February 6, 2018|
|Record date of the AGM||March 9, 2018|
|Registration for AGM closes||March 16, 2018 at 10.00 a.m. EET|
|Annual General Meeting||March 21, 2018|
|Record date for dividend||March 23, 2018|
|Minutes of the AGM available on this site||April 4, 2018 at the latest|
|Dividend payment date||April 5, 2018|
Shareholders were entitled to have an issue put on the Annual General Meeting’s agenda, provided that the issue requires a decision by the Annual General Meeting according to the Finnish Companies Act. The request must be submitted in writing to the Board early enough so that the issue can be included in the meeting notice. The shareholders were entitled to notify the Board of an issue to be added to the Annual General Meeting agenda by Friday, January 19, 2018.
A shareholder may participate in the Annual General Meeting by way of proxy representation. The proxy representative shall produce a dated proxy document or otherwise in a reliable manner demonstrate his/her right to represent the shareholder.
When a shareholder participates in the Annual General Meeting by means of several proxy representatives representing the shareholder with shares held at different securities accounts, the shares by which each proxy representative represents the shareholder shall be identified in connection with the registration for the Annual General Meeting.
Possible proxy documents should be delivered in originals to Valmet Oyj, Anne Grahn-Löytänen, POB 11, 02151 Espoo, Finland, before the last date for registration.
The personal data of shareholders collected in the registration procedure, such as the personal identity code and the number of the book-entry account, will not be used for any other purposes than for identifying the shareholders and for confirming their share ownership. The technical provider of the registration system is Euroclear Finland Ltd. Connection to the system is encrypted with SSL-technology.