Modularized power plants
Valmet’s modularized BioPower power plants are based on proven combustion technology combined with factory manufactured and tested modules. Manufacturing the modules in the factory enables faster project implementation, shorter site time and completion with better quality and lower implementation risks.
High fuel flexibility, innovative technology, and serviceability play key roles in BioPower solutions. Use of local renewable biomass fuels ensure reliable and sustainable energy supply and creates jobs locally.
Waste is becoming an increasingly important fuel source in the market. In addition to using biomass as fuel, the modular power plants are also available for combusting sorted waste. We trust that the circular economy route is the way to go. Recycling the valuables and combusting RDF/SRF classified waste fractions optimizes the energy yield from the fuel.
Benefits of modularized solutions
- Minimized number of interfaces within the delivery
- Fast, low-cost engineering
- A clearly defined scope
- Fast project implementation and less site work
- Proven technology with low emissions
- Minimized delay risks
- Pre-designed factory tested modules
- Attractive price
- Multi-unit delivery capability
By Valmet taking full responsibility over the process or the EPC delivery, we help you to ensure bankability as there are no unclear interfaces within the supply. With a seamless delivery and clear off-take and fuel supply contracts, you will be able to build a solid basis for your plant and its profitability.
Over the years we have completed close to 30 plants in Europe ranging from Finland to Croatia and from Belarus to Ireland.
Optimized to your specific and local requirements
- Production of heat, steam and power optimized according to your need
- Local design conditions
- High fuel flexibility mitigates fuel market risks
- The delivery scope ranges from complete process delivery to full EPC power plant
- A complete operation and maintenance agreement guarantees professional long-term plant operation
Customer success stories
Valmet supplied modularized biomass power plant for combined heat and power production (CHP) to Heizkraftwerk Zwickau Süd GmbH & Co. KG in the municipality of Zwickau in Germany. The BioPower 5 plant is powered by forest residues and wood based landscaping material, and the core of the plant is the BioGrate combustion system
Third combined heat and power plant to 4Energy Invest, Belgium
A combined heat and power production plant to the municipality of Ham in Belgium utilizes bubbling fluidized bed (BFB) technology and uses clean biomass as the main fuel.