Questions and answers related to Interim Review January-June 2016
August 4, 2016 11:00 AM
Why did profitability (EBITA %) increase y-o-y? (Compared to Q2/2015)
- Profitability improved due to the higher level of net sales in the Pulp and Energy business line
Why did profitability (EBITA %) increase q-o-q? (Compared to Q1/2016)
- Higher business volumes especially in stable business
- In Automation, Q1 typically is typically the weakest quarter
You have good short-term market outlook in Board and Paper, but surprisingly low orders received. Why?
- Some postponements in customers’ decision making
Which are the most active areas from geographical point of view?
- Orders received increased in Asia-Pacific and China, remained at the previous year’s level in South America and decreased in North America and EMEA
- Quarterly variations have been and will be large
Brexit – what is the expected impact on your business?
- Difficult to say at this phase – Brexit is expected to be a complicated and time-consuming process
- Valmet’s exposure to UK is limited