Valmet Retention Measurement
Valmet Retention Measurement (Valmet RM3)– Total and true ash consistency measurement, ideal for wet end monitoring and control.
Valmet has been an innovator and pioneer of paper machine wet end measurements and controls. Valmet Retention Measurement (Valmet RM3) and Valmet Wet End Analyzer (Valmet WEM) continue the products development path which was chosen late 1980’s, in order to provide totally new measurement alternatives for paper machine wet end process.
The key to high productivity
Valmet RM3 wet end sensor fits the applications where the continuous, single line measurement of total and true ash consistencies is adequate for building the solution for process monitoring and control. It is based on over 30 years of experience in optical consistency measurements and represents the third generation of industry-standard technology. Valmet RM3 is the one and only measurement on the market capable of measuring both total and true ash consistency from a process sample.
Valmet RM3 - the choice for single line retention measurement
- Total and true ash consistency measurement
- Optical measurement principle
- Continuous measurements of one sample line
- Real-time monitoring of wet end consistency and retention
- Ideal for automatic control applications
- Automatic wet end control solutions
- Continuous monitoring of wet end consistency and retention
- Upgrade path for Kajaani RM-200 and single line kajaaniRMi.
- All paper and board machines
- All types and sizes
- RCF and DIP applications
- Tissue machines
- Online response to the process changes
- Fast recognition of process changes enables fast decision making
- Identification and localization of problems in the process
- Faster test runs
- Faster process optimization
- More process information with less laboratory work
- Accurate chemical dosages based on process response
- Enables automatic controls
customer success stories
Retention measurement for a secure start-up
Four Valmet RM3 sensors were supplied to Stora Enso Varkaus to measure wet end consistencies with the exclusive ability to monitor both total and true ash consistency from the process for active fines retention management.
Stora Enso Skoghall BM8 reduces grade change times by 25%
Stora Enso Skoghall, one of the world’s largest producers of liquid packaging board replaced their old quality control system (QCS) on board machine KM 8 with a modern Valmet IQ system.
Reliable and accurate retention measurement at Stora Enso Skoghall
With Valmet RM3 Stora Enso Skoghall has optimized it's chemical usage and now has a better understanding of what is going on in all five wet ends.