Valmet IQ Converting Scanner
Valmet IQ Converting Scanner is a small and easily installed platform for single sided IQ measurements, providing fast, high resolution sheet quality profiles from edge to edge. It is designed especially for the paper and board converting lines.
Precise MD and CD controls require a solid foundation of accurate and stable scanning paper quality measurements. Intelligent sensor support technology plus built-in intelligence and diagnostics ensure trouble-free operation year after year.
- Small cross-sectional area and adaptive sensor support allows installation in tight locations, also between machine frames
- Accurate scan averages and CD profiles from the very first scan
- Operates reliably, year after year for maximum on control performance
- Selectable intelligent scanning function is adaptive to suit the control situation and the process state
- Edge to edge measurement for total profile control
- Accurate CD positioning for stable, precise CD controls
- Built in diagnostic feature will inform service personnel for periodic maintenance
Valmet IQ Converting Scanner is designed to produce accurate and stable sheet quality measurements in paper and board converting lines. Unique beam design and adaptive sensor support technology combines compact construction with high mechanical stiffness and easy installation. The sensor platform employs a modular design, providing a standard sized slot for one single-sided IQ sensor with easy service access.
The intelligence built into Valmet IQ Converting Scanner also allow its scanning speed, acceleration and deceleration rates to be adjusted and controlled
to suit the CD and MD control requirements. Edge to edge scanning is controlled by precise sheet edge detectors.
Plug in services include compressed air, power, optional closed circuit cooling water and digital communications lines.
Valmet IQ Converting Scanner has been designed for minimal preventive maintenance. Typically, lubrication is required only once per year.