In this section you can find more information on the Services business line, such as key figures and market drivers. See also the Services at a glance -video.
Services business line provides services and solutions mainly for the pulp, paper and energy industries, including spare parts and components, maintenance and shutdown services, outsourcing services, production consumables, process support and optimization, and mill and plant improvements. Valmet also provides customers with learning options that give customers access to more than 150 courses and a variety of training services.
Of the world’s approximately 3,800 operating pulp and paper mills, more than half purchase services from Valmet annually. The top 20 customer corporations represent approximately 50 percent of the Services business line’s net sales volume. The most important geographic markets are EMEA and North America. Business is handled primarily on a transactional basis, but also increasingly through long-term corporate or mill agreements.
|Services||EUR 8.0 bn
|• Increasing pulp, tissue, board and energy production
• Customer demand for resource efficiency, productivity, end product quality, Industrial Internet services and reduced environmental impact
• Customer focus on core, decreasing their own resources and outsourcing of non-core operations
• Size and gradual aging of installed base and capacity increases
• Closures and conversions of non-competitive production lines
1) Market position and estimated market size calculated from 2021.
2) Long-term end market growth.