Services business line
Services business line provides services and solutions mainly for the pulp, paper and energy industries, including spare parts and components, maintenance and shutdown services, outsourcing services, production consumables, process support and optimization, and mill and plant improvements. Valmet also provides customers with learning options that give customers access to more than 150 courses and a variety of training services.
Of the world’s approximately 3,800 operating pulp and paper mills, more than half purchase services from Valmet annually. The top 20 customer corporations represent approximately 50 percent of the Services business line’s net sales volume. The most important geographic markets are EMEA and North America. Business is handled primarily on a transactional basis, but also increasingly through long-term corporate or mill agreements.
Service market drivers
- Increasing production of pulp, board, paper, tissue and energy
- Demand for more efficient processes
- Outsourcing of non-core operations
- Customers' aging installed base
- Capacity increases in China, South America and
- Machine and mill closures in EMEA and North America