Valmet Kappa Analyzer
Valmet has further developed its respected industry-standard Kappa Analyzer line, now introducing an enhanced online analyzer – the Valmet Kappa QC. This new generation of analyzer not only measures pulp lignin content, brightness and fiber properties, but also fuses a unique stabilizing control capability and Valmet’s decades of know-how.
Accurate measurements and stabilizing control for the entire fiberline
- Automatic laboratory sampling
- Measures critical properties – lignin content, brightness, pulp fiber and shives from the digester blow line up to final pulp
- Incorporated oxygen delignification and bleaching stages stabilizing controls
- Chemical oxidizing demand index (CODI) capabilities
- Inline sensors to detect process variations
- Centralized multi-point analyzer concept
- Safe – access to information, sampling, and equipment upkeep
- Better management of process variables – reduced kappa variation, chemical usage, environmental load and production costs
- Rugged design with high availability
- Fast start-up and return on investment
- Easy, cost-effective future adaptability
- Long equipment lifetime and low maintenance
- Convenient maintenance and service options
Customer success stories
Kappa QC controls stabilize pulp bleaching
Stora Enso's Imatra Mills in Finland consists of two production units: Kaukopää and Tainionkoski. In the latest advance at the Kaukopää mill, Valmet has introduced its latest concept in the form of stabilizing controls for the entire bleach line.
Valmet Kappa QC analyzer adds HexA measurement capability for eucalyptus pulp producers
The accurate online measurement of Kappa number, indicating residual lignin content, is essential for the optimization of cooking and bleaching in the production of eucalyptus kraft pulp.
More accurate and reliable Kappa numbers
Visy Tumut is an integrated pulp and paper mill with a kraft pulp mill and two board machines. To ensure the highest pulp quality, more accurate and reliable Kappa numbers are needed as feedback on how well their continuous digester meets the set pulp quality targets.
Fast results at Nippon Paper Akita's bleaching process
Valmet implemented a new Kappa Q analyzer and Bleaching Optimizer solution to Nippon Paper Akita mill to reduce quality variability and to reduce bleaching chemical consumption.
Pulp makers’ strong confidence in Valmet continues
Pulp mills around the world placed a record number of orders for Valmet analyzers, advanced process control solutions and performance services in 2017.