Press felts for board and paper machines
Valmet press felts are always tailor-made to the specifications of each individual paper machine and position: paper grade, furnish, speed, dimensions. With proven world class technology of press felts, the web transfers smoothly to drying section with high dry content and superior quality values.
Valmet’s press felts provide:
- excellent machine runnability,
- high sheet dry content after press section,
- fast start-up,
- high web wet-strength and smooth surface properties,
- and are marking-free.
Wide range of Valmet press felts to fulfill all board and papermaking requirements:
- Conventional laminated felts
- Smooth surface ensures good properties for the targeted grade
- Strong and flexible base gives excellent dewatering capacity in various positions and grades
Valmet Press Felt LMR
- Laminated modular felts
- Very easily adjustable felts with relatively open base fabrics
- Open, heavy structures for slower machines with “dirt” conditions
- Typically used in packaging grades linear press concepts in all positions
Valmet Press Felt SPM
- Laminated structure with special yarns
- Relatively dense base structures for high nip dewatering
- Typically used in high speed printing and writing machines
Special Valmet press felt designs offering easier installation and improved performance
- Double or triple layer seam felt structures with monofilament yarns
- Easily adjustable void volume and openness for various board and paper grades
- Safe, easy and quick installation decreases the need of manpower and crane time
- Applicable for all grades and felt positions
- Special PUR impregnated felts for improving felt properties such as:
- Better start-up and runnability
- Improved dryness
- Increased life time
- For all felt designs (endless and seamed)
Applicable for all grades and felt positions
|Valmet Press Felt AQ||Non-woven structure designed to provide very fast start-up and strong nip dewatering for printing and writing machines|
|Valmet Press Felt ECM||Hybrid design which combines benefits of smooth woven base with those of non-woven for printing and writing machines|
|Valmet Press Felt ECS||Laminated design for finish critical printing and writing machines|
|Valmet Press Felt EMX||Strong and flexible laminated base provides excellent dewatering capacity and smoothness in various grades|
|Valmet Press Felt LMR||Special design to maximize dewatering in board and packaging machines|
|Valmet Press Felt SPM||Special laminated design to enhance nip dewatering especially in printing and writing machines|
|Valmet Press Felt STM||Hybrid design to enhance nip dewatering especially in printing and writing machines|
|Valmet Press Felt TMO and SMO||Special polyurethane impregnation for all felts to improve performance and smoothness|
|Valmet Press Felt TSM||Safe installation and adjustable void volume for various grades|
|Valmet Press Felt TSR||Traditional single base felts with highly adjustable designs to cover most grades|
CUSTOMER SUCCESS STORIES AND TECHNICAL ARTICLES
Making the right choices to boost wet pressing efficiency
Wet pressing has an impact all the way from paper machine drying capacity and web runnability to end product properties. The secret of process efficiency often lies in making the right choices for the press section consumables.
It’s a shared journey
Stora Enso and Valmet have a long history of working for better results at the Veitsiluoto Mill. The cooperation has brought benefits ranging from economies of scale to joint innovation, and helped the mill to improve their production capabilities over time.
Improving press performance step by step
After a fourphase improvement project, Thai Cane Paper enjoys lower steam consumption, better runnability, higher paper dryness, longer felt lifetimes, and vacuum energy savings in its PM 2 press section.
Stable performance with Valmet Press Felts
Press felts are key in successfully removing water in the papermaking process. Overall, they play a very important role in the machine’s performance, especially in terms of runnability. In press felts, small things make the difference. Valmet’s press felts are known by their profiling and special treatments.
A rolling stone gathers no moss
In addition to offering high-quality paper machine clothing, Valmet’s target is to walk along the customer all through their production process. This has been noticed at Schoellershammer PM 5 as well.
Start-up with Valmet paper machine clothing
Valmet supplied paper machine rebuild for Stora Enso's PM3 in Varkaus started up successfully. The mill feels that a single point of responsibility is beneficial, as there are fewer players and thus fewer overlaps in the start-ups.
Valmet Press Felt SPM for demanding conditions
Valmet’s SprintMaster press felt is designed for demanding paper and board machine conditions. It provides great savings potential with improvements in runnability, dry content, start-up, lifetime and energy consumption.
Save costs by optimizing water removal
Water removal at the forming or press section is significantly cheaper than at the dryer section. Since removing one liter of water from the sheet at the dryer section costs five times more than at the press section, it pays to optimize dewatering at an early stage.