In this section you can find information on Valmet's operations in South America, such as key figures and an overview of the market environment and position.
- Service growth driven by demand for more efficient operations, environmental considerations and growing trend of mill maintenance outsourcing
- Cyclical process technology project business driven by large pulp mill investments. Continuous opportunities in pulp mill rebuilds and upgrades
- Opportunities in tissue, and occasionally in board, with new lines and rebuilds.
- Consolidation in Pulp and Tissue customers
- Valmet has a strong position and installed base in pulp mills and services
- Local presence important, especially in Brazil due to customs duties
- Continued strong competition from regional players expected in Pulp and Energy as well as from Andritz for large new pulp mills
- Target market size: EUR 1.1-1.7 billion
(source: Valmet's Annual Review 2018)
Valmet in South America
Updated; May 16, 2019