Nov 7, 2022
Shortly after the start-up in the third quarter of 2021, the new kraftliner machine Klabin PM27 was already achieving impressive results in quality and performance indicators. This board machine is rewriting the papermaking textbook with Eukaliner®, the world’s first liner grade based on 100 percent eucalyptus.
Summary of the project
|Location||Klabin S.A., Ortigueira, Brazil|
A new PM27 containerboard machine producing the world's first krafliner using 100 percent eucalyptus.
- OptiConcept M board machine from headbox to reel
- Winder with automated transfer rails and roll handling systems
- Air systems for the machine
- A hall ventilation system
- A wet end chemical system and surface starch preparation and sizer supply systems
- Valmet DNA Automation System for process and machine controls and Valmet IQ Quality Management Solution
- A large Valmet Industrial Internet package, including Operator Training Simulator from the beginning to the end of the production process to train and empower the operators, and Valmet Virtual Mill.
- Valmet Paper Machine Clothing package for start-up for all machine clothing positions
Shortly after the start-up in the third quarter of 2021, the new kraftliner machine was already achieving impressive results in quality and performance indicators.
|Keywords||Paper & board, New line, kraftline, sustainability, improved reliability, South America|
|Grades||Eukaliner, the world’s first liner grade based on 100 percent eucalyptus. High quality kraftliner and white top liner grades with a design basis weight range of 80-200 g/m|
|Technical information||Design speed of the machine is 1,200 m/min and the design daily capacity 1,555 tonnes.|