Valmet has a solid foundation with significant customer results
Today, customers are extensively utilizing Valmet’s Industrial Internet capabilities. This can be illustrated by looking at some key numbers:
- Valmet has eight Performance Centers: five industry-specific for energy, pulp, board, paper, tissue and automation and three area centers in China, North America and South America.
- We have 85 Industrial Internet applications for pulp, board, paper, tissue and energy producers.
- In 2019, over 1,000 customer cases were solved through our Performance Centers.
- 350 Valmet supplied advanced process control (APC) installations for process optimization have been implemented in our customer processes.
- We have close to 700 online connections with our customers, enabling access to digital information and Valmet’s remote services to our customers.
On top of these, we are constantly working together with our customers to create even more advanced solutions to take the whole industry forward.
- In Metsä Board’s pulp mill in Finland, the energy consumption was decreased by 8%
- In Burgo Ardennes mill in Belgium 8.7 % chemical savings were achieved
- In Celulose Nipo-Brasileira in Brazil the customer was able to reach 1,5 million USD savings in raw material consumption
- In Germany, Zellstoff und Papierfabrik Rosenthal could increase their production with 2.8%
Machine monitoring analysis service proves invaluable at Metsä Group´s bioproduct mill
With the construction of a new bioproduct pulp mill in Finland, Metsä Group selected Valmet DNA Machine Monitoring as an integral part of the mill-wide Valmet DNA automation system. As part of the machine condition monitoring application, remote diagnostic support provided by Valmet has proved to be an essential aid to predictive maintenance.
The intelligent giant - Bohui Zibo BM6
A giant was born when Bohui started their new BM 6 – the widest and largest of its kind in Asia. From the initial start-up to the conversion to printing paper production, machine optimization has been supported from Valmet’s Performance Center.
Trouble-free production at Burgo’s Verzuolo paper mill
Remote condition analysis with Valmet’s expert services has proved an invaluable tool for achieving trouble-free production at Burgo’s Verzuolo paper mill in Italy.
Smart energy solutions boost TSE power plant’s performance
Valmet’s automation systems and Industrial Internet solutions enable the Turun Seudun Energiantuotanto's power plant to run at a totally new level of efficiency in its performance and operations.
Greenpac turns data to value
Greenpac Mill turned their paper machine data into a valuable asset and use it to prevent production losses with Valmet’s Industrial Internet applications. With the help of Performance Center experts, they predict machinery failures and avoid unplanned shutdowns.
Burgo Ardennes stabilizes bleaching process
Optimization smooths out bleach plant operation and demonstrates an 8.7% saving in bleaching chemicals with improved brightness stability in the Burgo Ardennes mill in Belgium.
Kuopion Energia lowers corrosion risk with FuelDiet solution
Haapaniemi 3 power plant with Valmet boiler started up at 2011 and in the summer of 2013 they took Valmet’s FuelDiet corrosion control solution in to use.