Valmet Boiler Diagnostics Systems for minerals and metals
Valmet supplies continuous temperature measurements and image acquisition products for the minerals and metals industry.
Valmet Furnace Imaging System is well-protected and provides unprecedented operational views of the Ladle Furnace, Basic Oxygen Furnace and Electric Arc Furnace. It also allows for an unobstructed view of the entire tapping process – virtually unaffected by dust, steam, arc flash, UV light or fireball. The Fixed Mount Mid-IR camera system is specially designed for a compact footprint and easy installation.
Benefits for Ladle Furnace Operators:
- View alloy addition and wire feeding.
- Assess integrity of electrodes to determine wear, stability and height in operation.
- Determine the extent of gas stirring.
- Watch for floaters that may damage sensor auto-immersion equipment.
- Determine amount of slag/metal mixing.
- Look for dangerous carbon boils and other reactions.
Benefits for Electric Arc Furnace Operators:
- View scrap melt in, help determine scrap melting rates.
- View injected materials, such as carbon and lime, as they react with the melt.
- View electrodes in action to determine wear, stability, and height in operation.
- Look for dangerous scrap cave-in, carbon boils and other reactions.
Benefits for Basic Oxygen Furnace Operators:
- Determine vessel position.
- View scrap and hotmetal charge.
- Observe oxygen lance insertion to help avoid costly crashes.
- View drop in sensor entry into furnace.
- Look for floating scrap, carbon boils and other reactions.
Benefits During the Tapping Process:
- Gain a detailed view of the entire tapping process.
- Watch for dangerous carbon boils and other reactions.
- Determine extent of slag/metal mixing.
- Watch for slag tapping.
- Watch for floaters or unreacted materials.