Valmet Blade Consistency Measurement
Valmet Blade Consistency Measurement (Valmet SP) is the most sold consistency sensor worldwide. It has a long history; with the method patented already in 1954, it is still the most used measuring principle on the market. The new 4th generation Valmet SP offers high accuracy, reliability, and virtually maintenance-free operation, together with meeting the requirements of many different applications that have gained Valmet SP a well-deserved reputation in the pulp and paper industry.
Market leader in consistency control
With the latest technology, new user interface, and patented internal detection principle, the 4th generation Valmet SP continues to offer reliable, accurate, and cost-efficient consistency measurement for all applications. It is an economic option with easy installation and low maintenance needs.
Valmet SP measures fiber consistency using the shear force measurement principle (static blade). The new 4th generation SP offers a more accurate shear force detector (patented) that is contained within a redesigned modular sensor for even better reliability with improved sealing, higher temperature capabilities, and noise immunity.
Most cost-efficient consistency measurement in the market for pulp and papermakers
- Universal use in all different applications
- Works in all types of installations in the entire pulp process
- Covers a consistency range from 0,7 to 16%
- Easy and fast installation
- Quick start-up with single-point calibration
- Modular design for an easy and quick service when required and reduce spare parts need
- No preventive maintenance
- No moving parts (no wear and tear parts)
- Low power consumption, no water or air supply needed
- Excellent measurement accuracy even when process conditions have variations
Valmet Link – The new user interface for an improved user experience
Valmet Link is the new user interface with the latest electronic components, offering a flexible platform for different types of remote connectivity.
- Can be adapted to different communication standards with plug-in components
- IoT capable
- User-friendly graphical display
- Gives easier and more self-instructive operation
- The new display has a backlight for better visibility in dark installations
- Easy calibration and new data trend platform
- A better overview of calibration data and results
- Expanded keyboard
- Making it easier for a fast operation
Customer success stories
Accurate consistency control at Papeleras del Arlanzón's OCC line
Papeleras del Arlanzón installed two Valmet Blade Consistency Measurements (Valmet SP) in their OCC pulp circuit for accurate consistency control.
The 30,000th Valmet Blade Consistency Measurement delivered to Stora Enso’s Skoghall Mill in Sweden
Valmet has delivered the 30,000th Valmet Blade Consistency Measurement (Valmet SP) to Stora Enso’s Skoghall Mill in Sweden.
Mpact Piet Retief trusts Valmet Blade Consistency Measurement
Mpact Piet Retief installed new 4th generation Valmet Blade Consistency Measurements to pulper, dump tank, and chests.
Norske Skog Skogn replaced old consistency sensors with Valmet SP
Norske Skog's Skogn mill in Norway manufactures newsprint paper and installed 4th generation Valmet Blade Consistency Measurement to their PM2.