Valmet Team in NA Continues Partnership with Make-A-Wish America

Mar 6, 2024

Valmet’s social responsibility program continues with local projects around the world promoting science, nature and equal opportunities. In North America, Valmet continues to support @Make-A-Wish America and recently presented a check at the Atlanta, Georgia office in support of wishes for children with critical illnesses. We are truly proud to help make a difference in the lives of these wish kids.

Amanda Joiner, Director of Event Development, Make-A-Wish Georgia is presented with a donation from Valmet colleagues at the Atlanta, Georgia office.  

Make-A-Wish has been granting life-changing wishes for children diagnosed with critical illnesses for over 40 years. 

This localized donation is part of Valmet’s global social responsibility program. Valmet’s social responsibility program supports selected local projects around the world for the well-being of society and the environment. 

For the past two years in North America, Valmet has supported Make-A-Wish with the theme "Equal opportunities for wellbeing."  

Wishes profoundly impact the physical and emotional well-being of children, as well as their families and communities. When a child's wish is granted, it can be an immediate turning point in their treatment and recovery, bringing joy and hope to everyone involved," 

Our supporters are the driving force behind every wish granted, and we’re grateful to Valmet for allowing families to experience life beyond illness." 

-said Flo Bryan, Chief Corporate Alliances Officer at Make-A-Wish America. 

We are proud to support Make-A-Wish again as our contribution will continue to help these children with their treatments and recoveries,” says Jukka Tiitinen, Area President, North America 

How our donation is making a difference – Meet Cecil 

Cecil - Make-A-WishProceeds raised through donor support like Valmet’s made it possible for wish kids like 5-year-old Cecil to experience the long-lasting impact of a wish. 

Cecil’s journey began at just 18 months old when doctors discovered a tumor on his brain. Doctors removed 75% while at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta. Had they removed the remaining 25%, there was a chance that Cecil could go blind. Cecil was eventually able to be a part of a clinical trial, which helped shrink the remaining tumor by 60%! His family was thrilled. From there, he started chemo to treat what was left. 

Now 5 years old, Cecil’s greatest wish was to meet Santa Claus at the North Pole. His family traveled to Stratton, Vermont, where they experienced a winter wonderland during a blizzard. Activities included sleigh rides, snowboarding, and a magical train journey to meet Santa and the elves. Cecil’s mom said that he is so used to going to the doctor all the time that when he got off the plane, he was nervous it was another appointment; but when he realized what was actually happening, he was all smiles. They were able to enjoy the trip so carefree and joyously. 

About Make-A-Wish® 

Make-A-Wish creates life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses. Founded in Phoenix, Arizona, Make-A-Wish is the #1 most trusted nonprofit operating locally in all 50 states throughout the U.S. Together with generous donors, supporters, staff, and more than 24,000 volunteers across the country, Make-A-Wish delivers hope and joy to children and their families when they need it most. Make-A-Wish aims to bring the power of wishing to every child with a critical illness because wish experiences can help improve emotional and physical health. Since 1980, Make-A-Wish has granted more than 550,000 wishes in 50 countries worldwide; more than 360,000 wishes in the U.S. and its territories alone. For more information about Make-A-Wish America, visit