Valmet Rolls & Workshop Services
Keeping your production rocking and rolling
How does your business sound like? Hopefully, there are no vibrations, annoying breaks or disturbing shutdowns
Valmet Rolls and Workshop Services is a winning combination of the latest technology and rock-solid maintenance expertise. We help you eliminate unplanned shutdowns, increase the running times of rolls and equipment and improve the end product quality.
The wide selection of services extends from roll reconditioning and new roll technology to upgrading and reconditioning of pulp & fiber line equipment, as well as efficiency projects and preventive maintenance. For every mill in the world, we have a specialist near to you in our +25 Roll Service Centers.
Just contact us, and let the good times roll into your production.
Recent success stories and new innovations
N R Agarwal has been able to reduce web breaks, increase speed and boost post-press dry content on its PM5 with Valmet’s Intelligent Roll Solutions for press efficiency.
Could paper machine roll covers be made of recycled or even bio-based raw materials? After less than two years’ intensive R&D work, Valmet has introduced new composite covers for press, guide and calender rolls representing a new, more sustainable generation of roll cover materials.
Wet pressing has an impact all the way from paper machine drying capacity and web runnability to end product properties. The secret of process efficiency often lies in making the right choices for the press section consumables.
After a fourphase improvement project, Thai Cane Paper enjoys lower steam consumption, better runnability, higher paper dryness, longer felt lifetimes, and vacuum energy savings in its PM 2 press section.
To ensure its paper machine roll reliability and availability, the Kerinci mill has entered a full-scope roll service agreement, including a condition monitoring system.
The Indian board-maker Vijay Anand has overcome the challenge of traditional rubber covers by upgrading with a Valmet press roll cover.
In these exceptional times, remote services provide papermakers with quick and safe access to Valmet’s expertise. Intelligent roll remote support and data analysis services provide a tool for supporting onsite actions and maintenance, as well as optimizing the papermaking process. Avoiding unplanned shutdowns and improving profiles mean less broke, better runnability, higher quality and cost savings.
Valmet's Maintenance Schools and Roll Academies gather people from the pulp and paper industry to learn from Valmet and one another. They help secure the best possible knowledge and skills needed to maintain and operate the equipment throughout their lifecycles.
Modular Maintenance Solutions provide maximum performance
- Clear offering and scope – you know what to expect.
- You can easily build the service combination you need from the modules.
- You pay only for the necessary work – saving you money.
- You approve all additional work, including parts and repairs, before it is carried out.
Reconditioning, upgrades and additional solutions for mechanical pulping, fiberboard & energy
Our responsibility of providing excellent service extends to the reconditioning, upgrade and additional service for feeders, refiners/defibrators and TwinRoll presses. Customized service combinations the use of latest Valmet technology, are the key factors for reliable processes and extended lifetime.
Reconditioning services include
- Inspection of drop-in units worn parts and analysis of damages not included in normal wear
- Surface treatment, replacement or upgrade of parts at minimum repair time with spare parts stock
- Reassembly and product test running & protocol to assure product quality
- Careful handling of drop-in unit for delivery
- Full report including recommendations to avoid future cases of similar damages
Intelligent Roll Solutions – Data beyond the rolls
Intelligent Roll Solutions will turn your roll into an intelligent service platform, providing a new way to analyze data and network globally. This data beyond the rolls can help you achieve your production targets for enhanced efficiency and cost savings.
Improved press efficiency
Better sizer profiles and end product quality
Improved dry end material efficiency
Better press energy efficiency for tissue
What you can achieve with Intelligent Roll Solutions?
- Turn your rolls into a paper machine data source for performance optimization
- Use this data for process improvement together with Valmet’s global network of experts
- Gain longer lifetime for covers, felts and consumables with optimal crownings
- Improve both your production line’s runnability and the end product quality
- Get more tons with less costs
- Enhance efficiency and save costs with data beyond the rolls!
Valmet Asset Manager
Clear and visual overview to your roll population
Valmet Asset Manager is a web-based system which contains all critical roll-related information in one place. It includes, for example, up-to-date roll status and location information to indicate where each roll is in given time frame, availability of spare rolls and running period statistics.
Valmet Asset Manager is an easy-to-use tool for mill-wide information sharing.