Boiler and plant controls
The main target of the Valmet DNA automation solution is to support power plant users in producing energy in an efficient and safe way − with low costs and low impact on the environment.
High levels of automation mean more operational flexibility, reliability and availability. With Valmet DNA, this is achieved through automatic controls, integrated performance and condition monitoring, as well as with advanced and easy-to-use operator interface and analysis tools.
The Valmet DNA system covers the control and monitoring of all main and auxiliary processes of CHP plant. Among others, these include steam network controls, district heating network controls and steam turbine controls and electrical power distribution.
Valmet DNA has integrated historian and reporting functions, performance monitoring and optimization applications, as well as boiler and turbine protection, and burner management tools.
Highlights of Valmet DNA for fluidized bed boiler power plants
- Powerful, scalable and flexible system architecture
- Advanced combustion controls and boiler controls
- Steam network controls and optimization
- District heating network controls and optimization
- Integrated turbine controller
- Applications for electrical power distribution and electrical load shedding
- Comprehensive reporting solution
- Machine condition monitoring and protection
- Integrated boiler protection and burner management
- Redundancy at all levels (network, process stations, I/Os, operator workstations and servers)
- Cybersecurity that protects the control system from external security risks
- Modern and powerful process controllers, I/Os and field bus interfaces