Boiler and plant controls
The main target of the Valmet DNA automation solution is to support power plant users in producing energy in an efficient and safe way − with low costs and low impact on the environment.
High levels of automation mean more operational flexibility, reliability and availability. With Valmet DNA, this is achieved through automatic controls, integrated performance and condition monitoring, as well as with advanced and easy-to-use operator interface and analysis tools.
The Valmet DNA system covers the control and monitoring of all main and auxiliary processes of a biomass or multi-fuel power plant. Among others, these include fuel handling, flue gas cleaning, steam turbine performance optimization and electrical power distribution.
Valmet DNA has integrated historian and reporting functions, performance monitoring and optimization applications, as well as boiler protection and burner management tools.
The system’s advanced combustion controls provide efficient and safe combustion of solid fuels, ensuring a low-emission process. The control solution is perfect for adapting to changes in fuel quality and mixture – without compromising the efficiency of the boiler and power plant – supplying the needed output at any time.
Highlights of Valmet DNA for fluidized bed boiler power plants
- Powerful, scalable and flexible system architecture
- Advanced combustion controls and boiler controls
- Flue gas cleaning controls, including electrostatic precipitator (ESP) and baghouse filter (BHF) systems
- Comprehensive reporting solution
- Machine condition monitoring and protection
- Turbine controller
- Integrated boiler protection and burner management
- Applications for electrical power distribution, electrical load shedding and steam network leveling
- Redundancy at all levels (network, process stations, I/Os, operator workstations and servers)
- Cybersecurity that protects the control system from external security risks
- Modern and powerful process controllers, I/Os and field bus interfaces