Always refer to the roll doctor OEM supplier manual for maintenance information. The following are guidelines for periodic maintenance for roll doctors.
- Check doctor assembly for operation.
- Check blade for wear. Replace as necessary.
- Clean out saveall (catch) pans.
- Check loading air hoses (if exist) for leaks.
- Lubricate oscillating shaft bearings as necessary.
- Check gear motor oil level.
- Inspect the pneumatic cylinder (if exists) for operation and leaks. Repair kits are available. Online supplier datasheets for the cylinders are available.
- Maintain oscillating shaft bearings according to supplier instructions.
- Maintain gear motor according to supplier instructions.
Location of lubrication and maintenance points
Typical doctor assembly with air hose loading and motor oscillation (shown with optional catch pan and electric heater) B = Grease lubrication with EP additives
Typical doctor assembly with cylinder loading and motor oscillation
For more information on roll doctors and their maintenance, contact your Valmet representative.