Valmet Boiler Diagnostics Systems for energy
Valmet supplies continuous temperature measurement and image acquisition products for power utility boilers.
Valmet Furnace Imaging System
Valmet Furnace Imaging System provides superior online visibility and temperature analysis. The cameras are able to see through obscuring dust and gas to depths of 24 meters, allowing monitoring of developments anywhere in the combustion chamber. This superior image quality and depth of view enables comprehensive observation and analysis at full load.
Easily transportable and able to view at depth, Valmet Furnace Imaging System cameras can be used to observe anywhere in the furnace and convection pass.
- “Slag monster” growth control to minimize furnace damage
- Sootblower inspection and optimization
- Wallblower inspection and optimization
- Burner analysis
- Tube integrity verification
- Internal inspection
Valmet Acoustic Pyrometer
Valmet Acoustic Pyrometer is a non-contact measurement device that obtains highly accurate instantaneous gas temperature data in any area of the boiler. The system utilizes the principle that the velocity of sound through a medium is related to the temperature of the medium. Instantaneous temperature data is spatially averaged, and zonal temperature maps can be provided.
Valmet Acoustic Pyrometer delivers accurate, reliable and instantaneous temperatures. More than 100 systems have been installed in power boilers throughout the world.
- Reduced steam use for slagging and fouling control
- Reduced tube erosion and maintenance costs
- Control of NOx formation in the furnace cavity
- Combustion optimization: fuel savings and loss on ignition (LOI) reduction
- Reduced “high back-end” temperatures
- Start-up control
- Tube leak detection