Valmet IQ Measurements
Paper, board, tissue and pulp makers must have accurate online measurements for variable needs today. Measurements, part of the Valmet IQ quality control family, are essential tools for production cost reduction, improving quality and efficiency.
Modular intelligent IQ sensors with extensive diagnostics provide the accurate sheet quality measurements required for a host of control and process management functions. Image based measurements enhance the control of quality even further. Compact sensor heads that are easily interchanged all feature on-board signal processing and ethernet communications. All IQ sensors share common design features that increase accuracy and reliability with minimum maintenance requirements.
New quality measurements introduced by Valmet IQ
- An industry first: on-line IQ Softness sensor for tissue. With a good correlation to the handfeel measurement as well as laboratory softness analyzer, the sensor also measures tissue surface properties on-line.
- Non-nuclear sensor portfolio for basis weight and moisture measurement has also been extended for pulp drying, providing accurate measurement without the need for special certification or radiation safety issues.
- Topography measurement for fiber orientation- and surface measurements with printability prediction capability has already met with market success.
Valmet IQ Measurements
- Valmet IQ Dryness Measurement is a microwave based measurement for paper and board machine forming section.
- Valmet IQ Basis Weight Measurement's accurate scan averages and high-resolution CD profiles provide a solid foundation for Valmet’s machine-direction and cross-direction basis weight (grammage) controls.
- Valmet IQ Pulp Weight Measurement provides accurate and stable onsheet measurements for more precise control of MD and CD properties under even the harshest environments.
- IQ Total Ash Measurement measures total ash in papers containing clay or other fillers even in challenging environments.
- Valmet IQ X-Ray Ash Measurement measures calcium carbonate, clay and titanium dioxide individually as well as total ash.
- Valmet IQ MW Moisture Measurement provides the moisture content of a web by measuring microwave resonance changes that take place with moisture content changes.
- IQ Web Color Measurement is a factory pre-calibrated spectrophotometer for a variety of paper and board grades in which visual uniformity is important.
- IQ Web Gloss Measurement is used for the control of paper surface quality on online and offline calenders.
- Valmet IQ Web Structure Measurement with accurate machine direction and high-resolution profile measurements provide a solid foundation for producing paper, board and pulp with uniform formation.
- Valmet IQ Fiber Orientation Measurement provides accurate and fast fiber orientation information to paper- and boardmakers.
- Valmet IQ Surface Measurement provides a solid foundation for producing high quality paper and board.