Annual General Meeting 2017
- Notice convening the Annual General Meeting
- Meeting materials
- Introduction of proposed Board members
- Location details
- Important dates
- Representation by proxy
- Personal data of shareholders
Notice is given to the shareholders of Valmet Oyj that the Annual General Meeting is to be held on Thursday, March 23, 2017 at 12.00 noon in the Hall 101 of Messukeskus, Messuaukio 1, 00520 Helsinki. The reception of persons who have registered for the meeting and the distribution of voting tickets will commence at 11.00 a.m.
The supported operating system for the registration tool is Windows Vista (or newer) and supported browsers are Chrome 30 (or newer), IE 8 (or newer) and Firefox 27 (or newer).
Registration for the Annual General Meeting must be done no later than March 20, 2017 at 10.00 a.m. local time via the above registration link.
Alternatively a notice of participation can be given:
- by telephone to the number +358 20 770 6884 (on weekdays between 9.00 a.m. and 4.00 p.m.)
- by telefax to the number +358 10 672 0300, or
- by sending a written notification to Valmet Oyj, Anne Grahn-Löytänen, POB 11, 02151 Espoo, Finland.
In connection with the registration, a shareholder shall notify:
- his/her name - personal identification number (social security number) or business identity code (BIC)
- address, telephone number
- the name of possible assistant, proxy representative or statutory representative, as well as the personal identification number (social security number) of the proxy representative or statutory representative. The shareholder, his/her authorized representative or proxy representative shall, where necessary, be able to prove his/her identity and/or right of representation at the General Meeting.
The personal data given to Valmet by shareholders is used only in connection with the General Meeting and with the processing of related registrations.
- Notice convening the Annual General Meeting 2017
- Board of Directors' proposals to the Annual General Meeting 2017
The Nomination Board's proposal for the composition and remuneration of the Board was published on January 16, 2017 as a stock exchange release.
Messukeskus is located close to the centre of Helsinki at Messuaukio 1, 00520 Helsinki, Finland.
- Trams 7A, 7B, and 9 to the city centre stop in front of the Southern entrance of Messukeskus.
- All local and long-distance trains stop at the Pasila railway station, a 300-metre walk from Messukeskus. Trains from Helsinki city centre to Pasila take just five minutes.
- Buses 506 and 69 stop at Messukeskus. The nearest stop for buses 504 and 505 is located at the Pasila railway station.
- Helsinki–Vantaa Airport is 13 kilometres from Messukeskus. Airport trains (I-train and P-train) run nonstop between the Aviapolis station and the Pasila railway station. The journey by train takes around 30 minutes. By taxi, the journey takes approximately 15 minutes.
- There is also a car park at Messukeskus.
- A taxi rank is located in front of the Southern entrance of Messukeskus.
More information can be found from the Messukeskus website.
|Registration for the meeting begins||February 8, 2017|
|Record date of the AGM||March 13, 2017|
|Registration for AGM closes||March 20, 2017 at 10.00 a.m. local time|
|Annual General Meeting||March 23, 2017|
|Record date for dividend||March 27, 2017|
|Minutes of the AGM available on this site||April 6, 2017 at the latest|
|Dividend payment date||April 6, 2017|
Shareholders are entitled to have an issue put on the Annual General Meeting’s agenda, provided that the issue requires a decision by the Annual General Meeting according to the Finnish Companies Act. The request must be submitted in writing to the Board early enough so that the issue can be included in the meeting notice. The shareholders were entitled to notify the Board of an issue to be added to the Annual General Meeting agenda by Friday, January 20, 2017.
A shareholder may participate in the Annual General Meeting by way of proxy representation. The proxy representative shall produce a dated proxy document or otherwise in a reliable manner demonstrate his/her right to represent the shareholder.
When a shareholder participates in the Annual General Meeting by means of several proxy representatives representing the shareholder with shares held at different securities accounts, the shares by which each proxy representative represents the shareholder shall be identified in connection with the registration for the Annual General Meeting.
Possible proxy documents should be delivered in originals to Valmet Corporation, Anne Grahn-Löytänen, POB 11, 02151 Espoo, Finland, before the last date for registration.
The personal data of shareholders collected in the registration procedure, such as the personal identity code and the number of the book-entry account, will not be used for any other purposes than for identifying the shareholders and for confirming their share ownership. The technical provider of the registration system is Euroclear Finland Ltd. Connection to the system is encrypted with SSL-technology.